Monday 30 June 2014

Ramadhan Diaries: Day 02 and Quick Mango cheesecake!


RAMADHAN DIARIES: DAY 02
Heyyoo Jemples and welcome back to my Ramadhan diaries, well I've gotta say one thing last night I was thinking about whether to carry on these Ramadhan diaries but the stats I saw this morning blew my mind! It turns out that this is probably the most viewed page on my blog which obvs means that a lot of you are enjoying these daily diaries. So fear not I will continue to do these. So Ramadhan day 02 where can I start... hmmmm.. well I would be lying if I said that todays day went faster, it did not with a capital NOT but I would be lying if I said that it didn't go easier. I haven't been feeling as thirsty or as hungry as I did yesterday which is quite surprising because I ate a lot less for Sehri then I did in day 1. I had half a bowl of Weetabix which I didn't even finish and my beloved banana! I've gotta admit one thing I'm kind of getting put off Weetabix so I think it's time that I found something else to eat at Sehri. So how was my first ever Iftaari of Ramadhan 2014, well it was pretty good those chicken puffs were delicious! I honestly couldn't eat much because I was really bloated to the extent that I felt sick! But today I'm hoping that I get to eat a lot more and especially my desert! So guys you've probably guessed that todays post is yet again another recipe, I know I said I wasn't going to do a lot of recipes but I can't help it they just keep coming and you guys keep liking! So today's recipe is a desert that is soo simple to make and is perfect for Iftaar my quick Mango Cheesecake (well it's my take on a cheesecake with some added surprises!)
 
QUICK MANGO CHEESECAKE
 
Ingredients unlike yesterday you can't really alter these to your liking except for the mango you can try any other fruit or even chocolate!
 
One packet of plain digestive biscuits
140g of butter
300ml of double cream
50g of icing sugar
2 tins of custard
1 or 2 fresh mangoes (depending on the size mine was quite big so I only used 1)
 
1. Break up all the digestive biscuits in a large bowl until the pieces are quite fine (this is the perfect time for you to let out any frustration!!) and add in the butter, but make sure you melt the butter first! (BTW if the pieces are still quite big like mine you can mash them further once the butter has been added.
 
2. Spread an even layer of biscuit into 1 or 2 dishes (depending on size) and refrigerate for 10 minutes, just so that the base is a bit firm. 
 
3. After 10 minutes spread an even layer of custard on top of the base and refrigerate for another 10 minutes. (you can make the custard yourself if you prefer)

4. Whilst that's in the fridge, you can go ahead and prepare the mango cream! Add the icing sugar and the double cream into a bowl and whisk away until it is quite thick (this took me a hell of a lot of time maybe I should've used and electric whisk instead!)

 5. Once the cream is quite thick add the mango puree (oops I forgot to tell you how to make the puree: blend the mango, in a blender until it's like a puree, you don't want to make it into a juice) mix in the mango puree or any other fruit or chocolate!
 
6. And finally it's now it's time to decorate in any way that you wish! Once you've decorated put it back into the fridge, this has to be refrigerated for at least 4 hours before serving so that when you take out a slice the layers stay firm and don't start to leak.  
 
So Jemples that's the end of the recipe, I know it's pretty hard to believe that it's that simple! I hope you have as much fun as I did whilst making this and that it tastes absolutely fab!! Please do comment and subscribe! If you do decide to make this recipe then let me know how it goes. Bye bye until next time Jemples xx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr