Tuesday 9 September 2014

My Ezcema Story (under the skincare tab)

Hellooo Jemples and welcome back to another post! I hope like always you are all happy and healthy and are loving life! So this post was requested by a friend who actually asked whether the Neutrogena cream that I mentioned in my rave review was suitable for people to use on the face who suffered from eczema. To which I said no way! Whatever you do please do not use that on your face and especially because of the severe eczema she suffers from. I promised her that I would do a separate post about products that are suitable for those with eczema. And whilst digging out those products I actually remembered my own eczema story and how these products really benefitted me and still do today. So as you all probably guessed unlike some of my posts this one is completely a first hand experience!! Before I start let me give out a really important disclaimer please please please patch test these products on your skin first to test if they are suitable for your skin. If you find that anything mentioned in this post irritates your skin please stop using it and visit a doctor. Another important disclaimer which is probably more obvious one everyone's skin is different so not all of these products will work. People will more severe eczema will probably find that they don't so don't take my word for it. These just personally work for me! Pheww that said and done let us move forward!

So I suffered from eczema and that too quite severe eczema all throughout my childhood which later converted to acne in my teenage years. I first had eczema when I was around 10 or 11 I used to get really red sore skin which was really itchy. The problem areas were mainly around the top of my eyebrows, on my cheeks, near my jaws and in a few areas on my body particularly my arms. It was definitely more severe on my face, I used to itch so much that my skin used to literally bleed. So I used to take regular visits to the dermatologist and that's when I was first introduced to doublebase cream which was a life saver! I mean I can use this everyday till I die that's how much I love it! This was definitely a better option than steroid based creams that I was constantly prescribed (omg they made me put on so much weight!). I found that my using this my skin constantly felt moisturized and cool which would help me itch a lot less. I was then introduced to E45 which I would say is the same consistency and basically the same as Doublebase cream. If I found that I had less of one I would use the other and I switched between the 2 quite a lot. They are both quite oily and thick so my face used to glow a lot in the sun (ooopps!!) but it really helped to keep me cool. Fast forward a few years and a lot of prescribed treatments which I really can't remember and I still use the two today. E45 I use everyday without fail before I go to sleep just because I'd rather not have my face looking oily throughout the day. It's helped to reduce my redness and itchiness and my eczema overall! I would definitely recommend the 2 to anyone because they are both dermatologically tested and the rest you can research by yourself! All I can say through a first hand experience they really do help.

I also find that by using a natural and very soft moisturiser for everyday really helps. Using a moisturiser straight after a shower helps to lock in moisture making your skin less dry and itchy. I actually use Johnsons moisturiser in the naturals range for everyday. It's free from fragrance and all natural and literally absorbs in your skin straight away. It's perfect for sensitive skin and anyone with any skin conditions. It's not as oily as the other 2 so you can wear it throughout the day. I've been using this for a really long time and I love it! A quick home remedy would be to mash up cucumber until it's quite chunky and apply this over your face like a scrub, how often you do this is up to you but it really helps to cool down the skin and will help to reduce and inflammation and redness. You can use this method even if you don't suffer from any skin conditions it really helps to keep your skin fresh!

So Jemples that's the end of this post I hope that like always you enjoyed this post which was a bit out of my comfort zone I have to admit! But anyways I hope you found it useful and if there are any products that helped your skin I'd love to know. Like always please comment and share and like my facebook page for all the exclusive updates! https://www.facebook.com/jemimasworld?ref=hl. Bye bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr