Monday 11 September 2017

Huda Beauty 3D Highlight Palette Golden Sands (swatches & review)

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog. Jemima's World is officially back with a bang and Jemima is definitely here to stay (*fingers crossed). I will be posting reviews a lot more frequently because I have been accumulating quite a lot of makeup in my absence, all thanks to my friends and family who have been spoiling me rotten for my birthday and graduation. Speaking of graduation yes your girl finally graduated with LLB Hons and I am so glad and thankful that stressful part of my life is over. Right enough of the life update and let's get back to today's post which is all about the Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette which was gifted to me by my beautiful mum. 

Everyone and their nan has heard of Huda Beauty and her hugely successful and popular makeup line. She is definitely an inspiration and a role model to a lot of people including me. I just think she's so humble and genuine, so Huda if you are reading this (which you probably aren't) I love you! 

This palette is available at Cult Beauty, Selfridges, Harrods to name a few and retails for £40.00. It currently comes in 2 different shades and one limited edition Summer Palette. So if you guys would like to know what I thought of this palette and if you would like to see some swatches, then please keep reading....


So the first time that I wore this palette was actually on my graduation and trust me when I say this, I am yet to receive so many compliments on my highlighter and I have been through a lot of highlighters! The concept of this palette is quite simple to essentially make your highlighter look 3D and not just a single random line of highlighter on your face. 

Golden Sands is particular for medium/deep complexions and it comes with 4 shades: Fiji, Seychelles, Tahiti and Zanzibar. 3 of the shades are pearlescent powders and one of the shades, Fiji, is a more of a cream texture. All of the shades are designed to be applied in a specific order, with the cream going first (Fiji), followed by the powder highlight (Seychelles), then the bronzer shade (Tahiti) and finally the blush shade (Zanzibar). And the palette also has a handy dandy guide just in case you forget the order! The shades all compliment each other beautifully and are designed to perfectly sculpt and glow up any feature you decide to apply them to.


The formula of this product is definitely what impressed me the most. The cream shade is not sticky or tacky and when you apply it to your face it doesn't shift the base product that is underneath. The powder shades have an extremely beautiful velvet feel to them and when you combine all 4 of the shades together they melt into your skin (literally). The formula of all 4 shades make them really easy to build up, so you can layer them without worrying whether it looks cakey or non skin like. They swatch beautifully and you really don't have to dig deep to get the colour pay off, in short a little goes a really long way.



The lasting power definitely justifies the price tag, you can believe me when I say that I've really tested it. Especially on my graduation when I wore this from 6 in the morning to 2 AM the following morning. The shades whether worn on their own or together, last for ages and they don't blow off in the wind. They look exactly the same at the end of the day as how they looked when you first applied them. In short that glow is there to stay until you remove it yourself!

The application is really effortless and simple. Like I mentioned before there is a guide in the palette to explain what each shade is used for and how to use it. I find the cream is best applied with the fingers and the other highlight shade (Seychelles) are best applied with the fingers and the rest of the shades with brushes.

The packaging is everything you would expect from Huda, beautiful and sleek and you get a generous amount of product in the pans for the price. The only thing that would have sealed the deal for me would have been a mirror, but I'm not complaining! I'll be glowing so much with this palette that I won't need a mirror!

All in all Huda has done an amazing job with this palette and if you are thinking of treating yourself I would definitely buy this product, the price tag is definitely justified by the amount of product you get inside. My overall rating would be 10/10 seriously I could not fault this product, she has nailed every part of it!

And if you liked this post then please don't forget to follow me on Instagram as I will be more active on there and subscribe to this blog (links are on the right hand of the screen) and until next time bye!

Jemima xx












No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr