Friday 19 June 2015

Grilled Chicken Tikka



 
Helloo Jemples and welcome to today's post well since the month of Ramadan is upon us (Ramadan Mubarak everyone!!) I thought it would only be apt for me to share with you all some delicious mouth-watering recipes. So if you guys want to see how I made this really quick and easy grilled chicken tikka then click the read more button and keep on reading!
 

 
Ingredients, you will need:
 
1. Some sort of a ready made paste/mix which you'll use to marinate your pieces of chicken. I used this one
 
2. Chicken fillets (depending on the amount you wish to make)
3. A few tablespoons of yoghurt
4. Salt, pepper and any other spices you wish to add
5. Lemon juice
6. A grill pan (if you don't have one you can put them in the oven but by grilling you get that really nice barbecue charcoal taste)
7. Skewers (this is totally optional)
 
What you'll need to do (Method):
Now if I'm honest this is probably the easiest recipe I've ever made till date especially if you find the right type of paste/mix that suits your taste buds. As you can see mine has added garlic and ginger and a lot of spices so I found that I didn't need to add a lot of extra things.
 
1. You'll need to add some of the spice mix into a bowl now this step is purely subjective by that I mean that some people will choose to add more and some less this all depends on again your taste and how much chilli you can handle. I added about 1 tablespoon and combined this in a bowl with around 3 tablespoons of yoghurt. I then mixed and added a tablespoon of lemon juice and some salt and black pepper (add this to your taste accordingly). It's best to start less and then add more if you feel that your marination is less depending on the amount of chicken.
 
2. Add in the chicken, make sure you cut this in cubes and any other vegetables you choose to marinate. I added purple onions, peppers and carrots so I could add these with my chicken onto the skewers. Make sure you coat the chicken evenly and refrigerate for at least an hour. Top tip: pierce the pieces of chicken with a fork, this will ensure that the flavour soaks into the chicken better.
 
3. Then you'll need to thread the vegetables and chicken onto skewers, I added around 5 pieces on each skewer and ended up making 15 skewers.
 
4. Place your grill pan on the gas and add just a dash of oil. Keeping the gas on a low heat slowly add the skewers and turn them around frequently (you may also need to turn the heat high to get that charcoal colour but only do this when the chicken is fully cooked). Wait until they are cooked and serve!! (If you find it difficult with the skewers take the chicken off the skewers and once it's cooked thread the chicken onto the skewer or miss out the skewers all together).

And that's the end of the recipe guys! Like I said this was a really simple recipe but it's definitely yummy! Like always like and share this post and I'll see you in my next one. So what are you waiting grab an apron and head into the kitchen this recipe is perfect for iftaar, you can thank me later!!

Jemima xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr